Sunday, April 27, 2008

Longer time, still no post

Well here I am again more than one year on. Not very much further forward but as of today I am 30 days sober.

I have decided to start my blog again but want to change how I approach it. Last time it was primarily a recovery blog, but I soon got caught up in the recovery Blogging social circle and found it distracted me (particularly when I wanted to be distracted) from my primary purpose. I spent more time Blog hopping than thinking about my own recovery and that became really time consuming.

This time I want to broaden it to other areas of my life which I need to work on, but are fundamentally connected to sobriety. I have been looking at stuff like how I handle money, how I spend my sober free time and generally organising my life. Things I didnt consider before. eg. I can be a spendthrift but being constantly hungover prevented even me from going out and spending! Now I am feeling better I feel I am rewarding myself by buying stuff, nothing exrtavagant and generally for my house and everyones benefit etc but I know I need to keep track of that. Delayed gratification was never something I was good at.

I want to work out a budget and learn how to handle my money better. Healthy eating is on the list as is giving up smoking and doing more, no some, excercise. I didnt really find it helpful to keep psting about how long I was sober and how hard it was etc. I want to grow and look back to see how I have grown and recognise what works and what doesnt.

There endeth my first post in a year!

No comments: