Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day fifteen - thats two weeks!

Well, I had to count up the days to see where I was and Shannon was right, today is fifteen! To be honest, I've been so caught up with trying to stop smoking that drink has left my mind completely. Might sound mad to try and tackle both together, but if I have something else to obsess about it takes my mind off drink. And these last few days have been free of thoughts of drinking at all and thats felt great.

Friday night was a close one though. I had a disagreement with the ex and felt a wave of craving come over me. I tried to analyse it, like I do, and concluded it came from insecurity. Insecurity about knowing whether I was right to be angry with him. Swinging to extremes in my head and not being comfortable with stating my case and feeling OK with that. And of course, I HATE confrontation of any kind. Anyway, I got through it and felt pretty good about that. But it was interesting to try to experience it and not run away from those feelings for once.

Still not sleeping as I'd like so still feeling pretty tired but all in all feeling pretty good. I'm trying to get to visit often but work is very busy and I'm being more productive but thanks for all the comments, as always it keeps me going!

Oh, I've also created another blog called Sobering Quotes (also linked from the sidebar) where I plan to post words of wisdom I find on my travels, the kind of thing I like to read to give me strength and can never find when I need them!

No comments: